BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Continuance of Doldrums: Summer's Almost Over!

I must apologize for the huge delay in posts.  The last few weeks, I have been a staff member at several high school marching band camps.  In my free time, I also enjoy working extensively in the music world.  My interest in music had to take priority over my interest in sports for a few weeks.  

But!  I'm back, with a few tidbits of news I've found interesting.  

  • Jeff Hogan, the Columbus Blue Jackets' pre-game co-host since October of 1999, has decided to leave his position in order to take on an expanded role at WBNS-10TV.  Hogan had been the longest-tenured broadcaster since the club's debut.  
  • Terrell Owens signed with the Cincinnati Bengals on July 27.  He will join receivers Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Bryant, and a slew of other big names players as the Bengals prepare to take on the Dallas Cowboys tonight in the the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.  I'll be DVR-ing this one, since I have to work late tonight.  But I'm interested to see how much chemistry has been developed between Carson Palmer, Ochocinco, and Owens in the little time they've been together.  
  • Albert Haynesworth finally passed a conditioning test.  Seriously man?  You received a $21 million roster bonus, demanded a trade, and then FAILED a conditioning test?  You're the most selfish player I've ever seen.  
  • ESPN tells us that LeBron James finally thanked the city of Cleveland for everything its done for him.  While I don't think that's newsworthy, I guess the self-proclaimed "Worldwide Leader in Sports" has to find something to talk about to fulfill its obligation to talk about LeBron James at least once a day.  I bet that was a part of that deal to air "The Decision" on ESPN...but I digress. 
That's all I've got for now, I'll blog again following the Hall of Fame game to give my thoughts on the Bengals. 

0 comments: