BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Crazy for the Cavs

Today was an interesting day at work, because I had told myself that despite being ridiculously busy, I would at least have the night off to watch sports and what not (I work at Chipotle, and its the only Chipotle within a 40 mile radius of Athens, so needless to say, its a busy place).

However, as I was sitting there eating breakfast, I had an epiphany of sorts.  I realized, "Hey, the Cavs are on today at 3, so we probably won't be busy the last hour I work...hmmmm."

It was a stretch, but I was going to assume that since an Ohio team was in the playoffs, and are tabbed to win the NBA Championship this year, that everyone was going to watch the Cavs game.  

The first three hours wore on, the line of people waiting to get their burrito stretched out to the sidewalk, and I could hardly think straight anymore.  

Then, the unthinkable happened.  Once the helped the last person in line, there was no one behind them.  I looked at the clock.  

Just like clockwork (Pun DEFINITELY intended), everyone had gone home, to the bar, or to their buddies house to watch the Cavs, because it was 3 o'clock!  

What does this mean?  It means that Ohio sports fans are yearning for greatness so much that they will stop whatever they're doing to watch their teams.  And you know what, there is nothing wrong with that.  It speaks volumes of our ability to commit to the long term.  And that makes us valuable assets, and reliable people.  You can always count on us to support our teams, and never back down.  

I made reference to this attitude in a post about being a fan of a mid-major college, and it has shown itself once again amongst the subjects of the effervescent King James.

King James, it's time to take your people to the promised land. 

0 comments: